Job Title: Intermediate – Expeditor – EPCM (Part Time)
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Expeditor expedites and facilities the flow of materials to and from various departments. They also make sure that the right materials arrive at sites at the right time. They inspect goods upon delivery to ensure the level of quality and quantity, and to ensure adherence to specifications. They work and deal with vendor’s directly to make sure accurate and on time delivery of goods to appropriate locations.
- Expedite or purchase items at various vendors to meet project’s schedule.
- Track orders, receive goods, and place products into inventory.
- Record and maintain inventory of quantity, type of materials, parts received and distributed.
- Confers with supervisors to determine overdue materials and parts and to inform supervisors about the status of the product.
- Issues expediting reports in a timely manner.
- Attends purchasing/ project meetings.
- To pursue all means available to the extent necessary to maintain, or when required, improve or recover, the scheduled ship date of Equinox purchased equipment.
- To maintain a high standard of professionalism while dealing with our suppliers, clients and fellow employees.
- Perform all work assignments in accordance with the Expediting procedure, basic practices, and reference systems.
- To maintain a high level of ethical conduct when dealing with our suppliers.
- To create quality teaming process relationship with our suppliers by making every effort to be proactive and encourage continuous improvement and better communications.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Heavy oil project experience including SAGD, CSS, Steam and emulsion pipelines and well pads is advantageous.
Education and Qualifications:
- 5 -10 years related EPCM experience.
- Demonstrated ability in Vendor Management Practices.
- Clear and concise interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Supply Chain Management|