Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Business Development, Equinox USA
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
Location: Flexible (Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma)
Equinox USA is a business unit of Equinox Engineering Ltd., a Calgary-based EPCM firm. Equinox USA is based in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. We are a market leader in oil, gas, hydrocarbon liquids, power, water treatment and carbon capture specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for the energy industry. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in the USA, Canada and worldwide. We are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, liquids fractionation, water treatment, conventional oil and pipeline projects.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the developing and pursing new opportunities for the purpose of promoting and marketing the oil and gas EPC/EPCM business of Equinox USA to the various oil, gas and associated energy companies throughout the USA.
- The candidate will lead Business Development activities and marketing initiatives to develop new facility and pipeline projects for natural gas, water handling and treatment, liquids fractionation, power generation, petrochemical and conventional oil.
- Proactively identify and pursue market opportunities.
- Lead generation and prospecting via networking and cold calling to primary target markets
- Develop and utilize industry contacts to define opportunities and develop new clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with Clients through face-to-face meetings, lunches and entertainment activities in conjunction with technical staff as required.
- Develop opportunities for proposals and presentations and ensure effective execution of informal presentations and formal RFI, RFP and RFQ’s.
- Recommend and develop appropriate printed and electronic marketing tools.
- Maximize contact with key accounts, key contacts and other critical people at various client organizations and focus efforts to obtain new work and generation of new enquiries for the business.
- Ensure prequalification of the organization with existing and potential customers, to enable us to be in a position to bid for projects within our sphere of capabilities.
- To ensure that the enquiries are screened and to determine a sales strategy, risk identification, profit potential and analysis, and to ensure communication of customer needs and expectations between Equinox USA and the client.
- Foster and develop positive customer relationships which result in increased business. Understand customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions that satisfy those requirements and provide opportunities for Equinox USA.
- Liaison with VP Operations USA, Estimation, Finance and Manager of Projects on submission of bid documents.
- Interact with VP Operations USA and Manager of Projects to maintain relationships with customers during project execution, especially from the point of generating additional work orders.
- Provide inputs to management based on market information to enable the organization to develop capability in areas to give us strategic leverage for future projects.
- Gather and analyze market intelligence for new projects and opportunities, including opportunities that may exist outside of the Marcellus/Utica basin.
- Assist in initial planning, time scheduling, histograms and theoretical S Curves to supplement techno-commercial offers for large projects.
- Experience and successful achievements in the energy market dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Exceptional customer awareness and sales skills in the business development and marketing aspects in the oil, gas and energy industry with ability to market EPCM or Fabrication and construction services to the various energy companies.
- Proven experience and ability to write and oversee professional proposal development as well as create and deliver effective presentations.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an aggressive sales drive.
- Techno commercial skills to be able to deal with contractual and financial conditions in bids.
- Excellent networking skills.
Education and Qualifications:
- 10 years+ Business Development experience required, EPC/EPCM background is valuable.
- A post-secondary degree in relevant technical or business discipline is valuable.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Business Development|