Report to: President & CEO
Location: Calgary Alberta.
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
- Prepare the subcontract document for construction contracts in accordance with the established format(s).
- Ensure that the construction contracting plan and the project procedures manual are implemented and adhered to.
- Maintain liaison with Project Managers to ensure the timely availability of technical and other information for the preparation of tendering documents.
- Coordinates activities with other departments to prepare budget tenders, RFP’s, and pre-qualification documents.
- Negotiates Terms & Conditions of contract documents
- Maintains pro-forma contracts and documents
- Arrange for the opening of sealed tenders in accordance with project procedures.
- Prepare commercial evaluations of tenders, finalizing the documentation required for the recommendation to award, issuance of the recommendation and follow-up to ensure timely approval to award.
- Upon receipt of the approval to award, finalize the agreements and prepare the formal contract documents for signature by the Client and subcontractor.
- Administer the contractual execution of the contract.
- Maintain logs on correspondence, change requests, requests from the subcontractor, back charges, contract amendments and notices.
- Register all claims for extra work and process as a contemplated change in accordance with the project instructions, recommending project back-charges where applicable.
- Commercially evaluate all contractor claims and prepare a recommendation for acceptance/rejection of the claim.
- Process contractor requests for progress payment, reviewing for accuracy of the request prior to issuance to cost control.
- Process contractor requests for release of hold back and final payment, ensuring all documentation is received, deficiencies are addressed.
- Final close-out of the contract and evaluation of contractor performance.
- Maintain contract files
- Review work packages and liaise with Project Managers
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Business law or an equivalent designation
- EPCM experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of prior contracts management experience in an EPC/EPCM environment
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual terms and conditions in conjunction with established policies and procedures.
- A willingness to learn new skills and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to deal with competing priorities and manage their time appropriately.
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual Terms & Conditions in conjunction with established purchasing policies.
- Be proactive with contractors to ensure contract compliance, generation of progress, daily, weekly and other status reports
- Ability to maintain the current system, procedures, and polices up to date and recommend changes as required.
- Familiarity or knowledge of the Canadian Bidding Law, Contract Law, and Tort Law is strongly preferred
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Supply Chain Management|