Job Title: Facility Engineer – Equinox Engineering USA
Department: Project-Facility Management
Reports To: VP Operations USA
Location: State of Pennsylvania (Secondment Location)
Equinox Engineering USA is a USA based EPCM firm with offices located in Pittsburgh PA and Houston TX. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, carbon capture, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in the USA, Canada and worldwide. We are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, carbon capture, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects across North America.
The Facilities Engineer works as a key part of the project management group to coordinate client activities, discipline engineering and overall successful project execution. He / she will coordinate such inter-disciplinary work during the execution of a wide range of projects including well pads, pipelines, and compressor stations. Must be willing to work out of Corning or Horseheads New York.
- Design development and technical content of the project work. Participate in design development and must have an in-depth understanding of project scope.
- Have frequent contact with client counterparts and must utilize effective communication skills to liaise with the client as well as internal staff.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory processes, codes, and standards.
- Coordinate between operations, sub-contractors, third party engineering contractors and the project team.
- Work with third party engineering contractors to establish and develop technical deliverables, execute design, update 3D models, HAZOP reviews, and generate construction work packages.
- Plan, execute, monitor & control and close out MOC work.
- Coordinate design reviews with Client and Process Engineering to ensure all operations and safety requirements are met.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and report on deliverables as required.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of gate review packages alongside the project manager.
- Monitor and manage changes in scope, budget, and quality from project baselines.
- Review and approve technical documents and drawing packages at predetermined hold points.
- Review, approve, and issue equipment bid packages.
- Work closely with third party engineering contractors and owner’s procurement departments to ensure alignment between the groups and procurement targets are achieved.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure alignment on Engineering standards and Engineering issues resolution.
- Expedite and ensure Quality Control documentation of packaged equipment, fabricated modules and materials is retained on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure contracts are in place with correct terms and conditions and operate in respect of those contracts.
- Deliver project goals, objectives, and critical success factors, ensuring that these align both with the Company’s corporate goals and objectives and the project’s commercial strategy.
- Interface with other members of the asset team (commercial, technical authorities, and operations) to ensure agreement on project deliverables and the timing of these deliverables.
- Understand the authority and approvals levels delegated within the project (both technical and financial) and ensuring awareness within the Engineering and Project Management department.
- Pursue the contracting strategy ensuring that this continues to be appropriate and has stakeholder support (including Contracts & Procurement).
- Monitor and manage project risks, developing and implementing risk response action plans for the top risks. Also capitalising on potential opportunities.
- Monitor contractor and supplier performance and acting quickly on under performance.
- Committed to excellent Quality management, including: helping to implement a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Company Standards; approval of a Quality Plan to implement the Quality Management Strategy, complete with a quality assurance audit schedule; ensuring that a Quality Exhibit is included in all contracts; follow-up and close out of all Quality audit non-conformances.
- Other duties as needed
- Possesses strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Has strong Gas Processing Facility Engineering technical knowledge.
- Has comprehensive understanding of discipline Engineering functions.
- Has strong understanding of project planning & controls.
- Broad experience in project planning and execution of natural gas processing & gathering facilities including:
- Compression & dehydration.
- Gas Separation
- Gas processing units
- Metering stations
- Regulatory compliance
- Current knowledge of State regulatory processes, codes & standards.
- Experience in planning, Detailed Engineering, and construction phases of Natural Gas Facilities.
Education and Qualifications:
- Successful candidate will have a PE status in New York and/or Pennsylvania.
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 8 + years Natural Gas experience with at least 8 years Oil and Gas background.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Project Management|