Manager, Human Resources
Reports to: Vice President & COO
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Manager, Human Resources guides and manages the overall services of Human Resources. They maintain and enhance our organization’s human resources by planning, developing, implementing and evaluating employee relations, human resources policies, programs and practices and strong knowledge of Employment Labour Laws..
- Examines trends and opportunities which affect the long-term sustainability of Equinox.
- Provide advice to staff and management, based on Human Resources expertise. Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances, counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Keeper of all confidential compensation and benefit information pertaining to staff.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Implementation of restructuring programs.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Supervises Project Support Team. Liaison with Project Management to ensure and manage project billable deliverables for Project Support.
- Champion of the Lunch and Learn and Mentoring Programs.
- Ensures office is viewed as a professional business entity.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures, employment labour laws, compensation and benefits, employee/labour relations and negotiations.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
Education and Qualifications:
- 10 – 15 years of progressive experience in HR Employee Relations, Employment Labour Laws, performance management, employee/management training and development.
- 5 years in a Human Resources management role.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources or related discipline.
- Certified Professional Human Resources Designation (CPHR).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Human Resources|