Job Title: Intermediate Cost Controller/Scheduler
Reports to: Manager, Project Controls
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
As a member of the Project Controls group, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain very high quality. Reporting directly to the project controls manager, the Intermediate Cost Controller / Scheduler will support project managers in area of scheduling, cost control, variance analysis, forecasting and reporting. You will also be involved in earned value management, change management and risk management. Mentor, coach and train junior cost controllers within the project team as required.
- Supports planning and scheduling activities on multiple projects under the direction of the Lead Planner/Scheduler.
- Creating and maintaining routine schedules on a regular basis.
- Schedule resource loading and project SPI monitoring.
- Liaising with Project Management on matters relating to cost reporting, planning and scheduling.
- Provides schedule variance analysis.
- Monitor schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties and advise the PM/PE team for their consideration.
- Participates in the creation of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and development of schedules (including resource loading) for those WBS elements.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Cost Control
- Compile, review, analyze, and present large quantities of data via the progress monitoring tool.
- Prepare complex reports in internal Project Control system and Excel (as required) for internal and external distribution.
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines.
- Preparation of Earned Value/ Performance Reports.
- Participates in the project change management process as required.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements.
- Provide subject matter expertise to end users on the progress monitoring tool.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities.
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Excellent team player and collaborator.
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generate solutions making sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.
- Ability to interact and proactively resolve project control issues; ability to explain practices to employees and obtain their understanding and commitment.
- Ability to support and interact with peer groups.
- Ability to analyze information, determines discrepancies, and resolve issues.
- Must be dependable and ensure that deadlines are maintained.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Cost Control, Planning & Scheduling experience in an EPCM Oil & Gas environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess post-secondary education, preferably related to the engineering field.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Advanced skills in Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project.
- Power BI knowledge and experience is not required but it would be an asset.
- Construction experience is not a requirement but would be considered an asset.
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Project Controls|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|