Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted 23 hours ago
Report to: Electrical Department Manager
Location: Calgary Alberta
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be proficient in medium, and low voltage power distribution design
- Successful candidate will also be proficient in protective relaying, motor control systems, area classification specifications, electrical equipment sizing and PLCs
- Must be familiar with electrical safety and code compliance requirements.
- Main priorities involve preparation of key electrical documentation area classifications, fugitive emissions studies, single line diagrams, and load lists.
- Provide electrical input into the detailed scope of work, design basis document and project execution plan.
- Develop the electrical design for a project or proposal.
- Determine the detailed engineering design criteria.
- Analyze the designs of vendors or subcontractors providing specific equipment.
- Review the work of others to ensure consistency and integrity of design throughout the project.
- Ensure that all discipline deliverables are checked and verified.
- Perform a lead role in the development of electrical MTOs and labour estimates.
- Provide electrical input for DBM, detailed scope of work, and PEP coordinating with all concerned disciplines.
- Prepare engineering man-hour estimates and provide input into project schedules.
- Prepare and/or review electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Develop and evaluate electrical equipment and construction specifications
- Perform engineering for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development, technical evaluation / recommendation and vendor drawing approvals.
- Perform engineering development of Construction Work Package, including project description, construction specifications, IFC drawings and material lists.
- Provide engineering support during construction including field engineering, inspection and special studies.
Education and Qualifications
- P. Eng – Electrical Engineering degree.
- 5 – 9 years of electrical oil and gas experience. Must have EPCM background.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Experience with various electrical codes and standards (i.e. CSA, IEEE, API) Ability to coordinate other engineering disciplines required.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Electrical Engineering|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|