Job Title: Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Electrical Manager
Equinox Engineering USA Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equinox Engineering Ltd., a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing, specializing in facilities design, implementation, and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional, and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers worldwide. We are currently executing a wide range of projects in Renewable Natural Gas, Carbon Capture & Sequestration, Gas Processing, Oil Processing, and Pipeline sectors.
The Intermediate Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and procurement of electrical equipment required for projects. This role also entails ensuring adherence to electrical specifications, codes, standards, and QA/QC procedures. The Senior Electrical Engineer must provide technical support and guidance to the electrical team during the design, construction, commissioning, and start-up phases of the projects.
- Coordinate all activities within the engineering discipline team for the project.
- Conduct detailed design, sizing, and calculations, verifying and checking the work done by others.
- Ensure effective coordination with other disciplines for each project.
- Review, check, and approve all engineering deliverables produced by the discipline team.
- The main priorities involve preparing key electrical documentation, including area classifications, drawings and reports, fugitive emissions studies, single-line diagrams, electrical load and equipment lists, and reports associated with electrical system studies (such as short circuit calculations, time-current coordination, load flow, motor starting, and harmonic analysis using SKM and ETAP software).
- Provide electrical input into the detailed scope of work, Design Basis Memorandum (DBM), and Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Develop electrical designs for projects or proposals.
- Establish detailed engineering design criteria.
- Analyze designs provided by vendors or subcontractors for specific equipment.
- Review others’ work to ensure consistency and integrity of design throughout the project.
- Lead the development of electrical Material Takeoffs (MTOs) and man-hour estimates.
- Prepare engineering man-hour estimates and contribute to project schedules.
- Prepare and review electrical single-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Develop and assess electrical equipment and construction specifications.
- Offer engineering support for procurement activities, including MRQ/MRP development, technical bid evaluation, and approval of vendor drawings.
- Engage in the engineering development of Construction Work Packages (CWPs), including project descriptions, construction specifications, Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings, and material lists.
- Provide engineering support during construction, encompassing field engineering, inspection, and special studies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proficiency in high, medium, and low-voltage power distribution design is required.
- Expertise in protective relaying, motor control systems, area classification assessment and reporting, electrical equipment sizing, and PLC applications is necessary.
- Experience with electrical safety regulations and code compliance requirements is mandatory.
- The ability to coordinate with other engineering disciplines is required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation
- A minimum of 5+ years of oil and gas experience with an EPCM background is required.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects is crucial, including knowledge of areas such as heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical applications, codes, and standards (i.e., IEEE, API) is essential.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Electrical Engineer|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|