Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate
Equinox Engineering Australia Pty Ltd
Candidate must be a resident of Brisbane Australia.
Equinox Engineering Australia Pty Ltd. is an engineering service provider located in Brisbane, QLD. Equinox is global leader in Carbon Capture and Gas Processing projects.
Equinox Australia is engaged in numerous Concept, FEED and Detail Design projects, working with several of the largest energy providers in Australia. We provide high quality Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services to our clients in Australia and worldwide.
Equinox is looking for an experienced Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Brisbane team to support the Mechanical group in delivering gas processing and compression facility projects.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must have experience with all types of mechanical equipment (static and rotating equipment as well as piping and valves)
- Experience with compressor packages, specifically reciprocating compression, is a key asset
- Must be familiar with Australian codes and standards
- Ability to coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
- 5-10 years experience in Oil and Gas, EPCM experience is an asset
- Interface with Clients, project team and vendors to define project scope, resolve technical issues, and assist with preparation of procurement documents (technical specifications)
- Prepare engineering scope of work packages and work with vendors to supply mechanical equipment.
- Complete Technical Bid Evaluations
- Check vendor equipment drawings to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications
- Coordinate with vendor for packages and equipment
- Ensure consistency and integrity of all major equipment in accordance with all codes and specifications
- Perform studies and write reports on equipment selection
- Adhere to project schedule and budget for all mechanical deliverables and provide feedback on budget/schedules
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines (process, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design
- Proficient in ASME Sec. VIII code for pressure vessel design, ASME B31.3 code for Piping, TEMA for Heat exchangers and API for pumps and compressors as well as all relevant Australian standards.
Education and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- C.P. Eng, RPEQ is preferred
- 5-10 years oil and gas experience with EPCM background.
- Package Engineering Experience
- Reciprocating Compressor Experience
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|