Job Title: Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPC firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
- EPCM experience an asset
- Read and understand Client and Equinox piping and equipment specifications
- Be familiar with piping and equipment Codes and Standards (ASME, API, CSA)
- Various Mechanical Tasks (Equipment Lists, Line Lists, SP items, ABSA registration packages, etc.)
- Understand and contribute to development of P&IDs on projects
- Specify, evaluate, and select gas processing equipment and piping systems (Amine Packages, Dehy Packages, Refrigeration Packages, Compressors, Pumps, Separators, Flares, Tanks, etc.)
- Prepare equipment purchase packages
- Prepare piping and valve material take offs
- Prepare technical bid evaluation for equipment, valves, and piping.
- Review and comment on vendor drawing and documents
- Manage vendor packages
- EPC Mechanical Package Engineering experience.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading and executing small and fast track projects
- Gas plant experience is an asset
- Stationary and rotating equipment design experience
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
Education and Qualifications:
- EIT or P. Eng Mechanical Degree with EPC background.
- 2-6 years oil and gas experience with EPC background.
- Good working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design.
- Must be familiar with ABSA and AEUB requirements.
- Applicable knowledge with codes (CSA, ASME, API).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|