Job Title: Intermediate Mechanical Package Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
- Intermediate Mechanical Package Engineering experience with EPCM Oil and Gas experience
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Client liaison responsibilities on mechanical issues.
- Specifying, evaluating and selecting oil and gas processing equipment, including SAGD applications.
- P&ID and mechanical drawing development skills are required.
- Design involvement will include pipeline, pressure piping, and pressure vessels.
- Rotating Equipment design & optimization.
- Compressor specifications and analysis; Pump specifications & analysis.
- Stress analysis, finite stress analysis.
- Equipment specifications and evaluations; Mechanical drawing development & review.
- Must have Mechanical Package EPCM experience. Pipeline experience is considered an asset.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conventional oil, heavy oil and SAGD or sweet and sour gas project experience is preferred.
- Business Development skills are highly valued.
- Experience with Stress Analysis Software.
- Pressure Vessel Design experience.
- Rotating Equipment experience.
- Experience with well site equipment including piping design with stress analysis, pressure vessel design, line heaters, compressors and pipelines.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Education and Qualifications:
- P. ENG – Mechanical Engineering. Must have EPCM experience.
- 6-8 years oil and gas experience with EPCM Mechanical Package experience background.
- Good working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design.
- Experience with piping and pipelines Stress Analysis.
- Must be familiar with ABSA and AEUB requirements.
- Applicable knowledge with codes (CSA, ASME, API).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|