Job Title: Intermediate Process Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Process Engineering
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Intermediate Process Engineer will be involved in process system design of multi-discipline projects. Will also work on multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring all project deadlines are met. The Intermediate Process Engineer will be responsible for producing design from practical concept through to commissions.
• Support the Lead Process Engineer in coordinating/ communicating various issues that affect the process engineering design, safety and regulatory compliance of the work
• Execute Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies/ Detailed Engineering Design.
• Process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities.
• Developing key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s, and Shutdown Keys).
• Line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
• Ability to assume responsibility of Lead Engineer would be preferred.
• Process troubleshooting, process optimisation, process variability reduction through SPC and process improvement.
• Process training, WHMIS training and new process start-up assistance.
• Chemical usage monitoring and reduction, water monitoring and reduction, environmental impact assessment, department environmental mentoring and capital projects justification.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sweet and Sour gas project experience – EPCM environment.
• Broad exposure to heavy oil or sweet and sour gas facility design and construction related to field facilities (production pads, wells and flowlines) and processing facilities (steam generation, production treatment of bitumen, water and gas).
• Familiar with technical specifications, codes and regulatory requirements.
Education and Qualifications
• Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.)
• Chemical Engineering degree.
• Minimum 5-9 years oil and gas experience in an EPCM environment.
• Process design experience including process mass balances, process flow diagrams and process support services.
• Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
• Proficiency with HYSYS and related simulation software.
|Job Category||Process Engineering|