Reports to: Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
Equinox Engineering is searching for a Intermediate – Senior Mechanical Engineering Lead
- 7-15 years EPCM experience in Oil and Gas Projects
- Lead the mechanical team on the project
- Work with the mechanical department manager to staff the project with proper mechanical resources
- Check and approve other mechanical engineer’s deliverables
- Monitor project schedule and budget for all mechanical deliverables
- Previous experience in Supervising a small team of Engineers is considered an asset
- Lead the successful completion of assigned mechanical engineering tasks and engineering deliverables
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines (process, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design and engineering deliverables are completed
- Interface with Clients, project team and vendors to define project scope, resolve technical issues, and assist with preparation of procurement documents (technical specifications)
- Lead Client/vendor/contractor meetings
- Lead in project planning and execution
- Field trips to client site as required determining scope of Mechanical tasks
- Size and select equipment, materials, and process systems
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals
- Check vendor equipment drawings to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications
- Specifying, evaluating and selecting oil and gas processing equipment
- Design involvement will include Pipeline, Pressure Piping, Pressure Vessels Pumps, Compressors and Heat Exchangers
- Provide comprehensive design services by supporting the establishment of design criteria and the preparation of specifications, design computations, drawings, models, and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements.
- Prepare engineering scope of work packages and work with vendors to supply mechanical equipment.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of all major equipment in accordance with all codes and specifications
- Proficient in ASME Sec. VIII code for pressure vessel design, CSA Z662 code for Pipeline, ASME B31.3 code for Piping, TEMA for Heat exchangers and API for pumps and compressors
- Experience with the NACE standards and its application
- Supervisory skills are considered an asset
- Package Engineering experience is a must have
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Conventional oil, heavy oil and SAGD or sweet and sour gas project experience is preferred.
- Business Development skills are highly valued along with client interface
- Familiarity with CAESAR II Stress Analysis Software is an asset
- Knowledgeable in specifying and procurement of all types of Mechanical Equipment (static an rotating) and Packages
Education and Qualifications:
- APEGA P. Eng. – Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 7 – 15 years oil and gas experience – EPCM background preferred
- Equipment Package Engineering is a must have.
- Excellent working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design
- Experience with piping and pipelines Stress Analysis
- Must be familiar with ABSA and AEUB requirements
- Applicable knowledge with codes (CSA, ASME, API)
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|