Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Calgary, Alberta – Job is on site in Calgary Office
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
- Equinox Engineering is searching for a Lead Mechanical Engineer
- 7-15 years EPCM experience in Oil and Gas Projects in a Lead role
- Lead the mechanical team on the project
- Check and approve other mechanical engineer’s deliverables
- Monitor project schedule and budget for all mechanical deliverables
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines (process, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design
- Specifying, evaluating and selecting oil and gas processing equipment including Pipelines, Pressure Piping, Pressure Vessels, Pumps, Compressors and Heat Exchangers
- Provide comprehensive design services by supporting the establishment of design criteria and the preparation of specifications, design computations, drawings, models, and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements.
- Prepare engineering scope of work packages and work with vendors to supply mechanical equipment.
- Check vendor equipment drawings to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications
- Interface with Clients, project team and vendors to define project scope, resolve technical issues, and assist with preparation of procurement documents (technical specifications)
- Ensure consistency and integrity of all major equipment in accordance with all codes and specifications
- Proficient in ASME Sec. VIII code for pressure vessel design, CSA Z662 code for Pipeline, ASME B31.3 code for Piping, TEMA for Heat exchangers and API for pumps and compressors
- Experience with the NACE standards and its application
- Supervisory skills in a Lead Position
- Package Engineering experience is a must have
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Conventional oil, heavy oil and SAGD or sweet and sour gas project experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in specifying and procurement of all types of Mechanical Equipment (static and rotating) and Packages
Education and Qualifications:
- APEGA P. Eng. – Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 7 – 15 years oil and gas experience – EPCM background preferred
- Equipment Package Engineering is a must have.
- Excellent working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design
- Must be familiar with ABSA and AER requirements
- Applicable knowledge with codes (CSA, ASME, API)
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects
|Job Work Type