Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be involved in the engineering coordination working with pipeline, tanks and pumps. There will be project management responsibilities in terms of customer interface and scheduling and coordination.
• Must have Lead Mechanical Engineering experience – EPCM (SAGD – Thermal Pipeline Experience is a MUST)
• Technical design, drawings, specifications, quotes and addendum.
• Supervise drawings.
• Construction cost estimates, supplemental contractor cost verifications.
• On-site measurements, inspection, reports and site surveillance including contractor coordination.
• Client liaison responsibilities on mechanical issues.
• Specifying, evaluating and selecting oil and gas processing equipment, including SAGD applications.
• P&ID and mechanical drawing development skills are required.
• Design involvement will include pressure piping, pressure vessels.
• Rotating Equipment design & optimization.
• Compressor specifications and analysis; Pump specifications & analysis.
• Familiar with Stress analysis and finite stress analysis.
• Equipment specifications and evaluations; Mechanical drawing development & review.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Gas Processing and sweet and sour gas project experience is required.
• Lead a small team of Mechanical Engineers
• Experience with Stress Analysis Software.
• Pressure Vessel Design experience.
• Rotating Equipment experience.
• Quality design.
• Respect allocated budget and deadlines.
• Client satisfaction.
Education and Qualifications:
• P. Eng. – Mechanical Engineering degree
• Minimum 8 years oil and gas experience with EPCM background and Pipeline Experience
• Good working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design with Pipeline Experience
• Experience with piping and pipelines Stress Analysis.
• Must be familiar with ABSA requirements.
• Applicable knowledge with codes (CSA, ASME, API and CSA Z662 in particular clause 14 and Annex I).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering|