Job Title: Lead Process Engineer
Department: Process Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Process Engineering
Location: Calgary Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
- Leadership, mentorship and coordination of intermediate and junior process personnel.
- Execute and review Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies/ Detail Engineering Design.
- Supervise and verify process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities.
- Developing and stamping of key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s and Shutdown Keys).
- Supervise and Verify line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
- Conduct P&ID/HAZOP reviews; generate control narratives; prepare start-up/operating manual.
- Liaise with vendors and client on engineering issues.
- Provide technical support to field personnel for start-up.
- Must possess strong leadership communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Sweet and sour gas experience required.
- Broad exposure to sweet and sour natural gas facility design and construction related to field facilities (well-sites, gathering systems, compression, etc.) and grass roots gas processing plants.
- Experience with NGL recovery, Acid gas injection dehydration, Refrigeration, Sulphur Plant, Turbo- Expanders and Gas Sweetening units will be an asset.
- Proficiency with regulatory requirements pertaining to gas processing.
- Familiar with management of change.
- Keen awareness of budget, schedule constraints and safety.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Diplomatic, maintains good client relationship.
- Skilled at maintaining cohesive process teams.
Education and Qualifications:
- Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Chemical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 10+ year experience. EPCM background with Gas Processing a must
- Process design experience including process mass balances, process flow diagrams and process support services.
- Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Proficiency with HYSYS and related simulation software and Engineering codes (API, ASMEiso).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Process Engineering|