Equinox Engineering – Professional Opportunity in Mexico City
Position: Manager of Engineering
At Equinox Engineering Ltd. in Mexico City, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced English-Speaking Manager of Engineering to play a pivotal role in leading and managing the engineering department, ensuring adherence to organizational policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong client relationships, overseeing project planning and execution in oil and gas facilities for Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, and Construction phases.
- Ensure that department practices align with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develop and use accurate, relevant financial and technical information for decision-making.
- Consult with the President & CEO and Director, Mexico Operations.
- Define and achieve project deliverables to the highest level of quality, on schedule and within or below budget.
- Establish Equinox as the preferred supplier and employer in targeted market sectors.
- Represent the best interests of Equinox in all internal and external relationships.
- Maintain consistent standards for all department staff in their internal and external relationships.
- Oversight of the day-to-day operation of the Mexico office.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and monitor corporate procedures and standards.
- Measure the effectiveness of departmental procedures and standards.
- Manage client liaison activities for continuous improvement and client maintenance.
- Lead business development efforts, including proposals and follow-up on leads.
- Engage in short and long-term planning, including strategy planning and development.
- Determine resource loading, work forecasts, and staffing requirements.
- Resolve conflicts, mediate staff issues, and find solutions.
- Conduct employee probationary and performance reviews.
- Review and recommend employee salary adjustments and training.
- Manage office space allocation and office system requirements.
- Approve timesheets.
- Provide input into developing project and engineering procedures.
- Provide input into the development of marketing promotional tools, brochures, newsletters, handouts, and websites.
- Conduct bi-weekly department manager meetings.
- Proven experience in establishing, developing, and maintaining strong client relationships and project planning and execution in oil and gas facilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Broad exposure to oil and gas facility design and construction.
- Experience in managing multi-discipline teams.
- Experience managing work across multiple offices.
- Ability to resolve interdisciplinary issues and concerns within a team environment.
- Developed local knowledge of business economics and trends in the industry.
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 15+ years of oil and gas experience with an EPCM background.
- Proficiency and a clear understanding of the English-Speaking Language
Our People and Culture:
- Flexible Work Schedules for a healthy work-life integration.
- Abundant growth opportunities, mentorship programs, and continuous learning initiatives.
Our Environmental Commitment:
Equinox believes in a balanced energy future. Our projects, from Carbon Capture and Sequestration to Renewable Natural Gas, exemplify our commitment to an environmentally responsible energy sector.
How to Apply:
If you are a dynamic and experienced Engineering Manager seeking to make a significant impact in the EPCM field, we invite you to join our team at Equinox Engineering. We are an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
|Job Work Type