The overall function of the Manager of Projects is to ensure that the overall engineering department disciplines meet the corporate needs of the company as well as ensure that the client expectations are managed. This position requires that the incumbent have knowledge and expertise with various engineering disciplines, operational demands, and business acumen.
- Ability to execute as a Project Manager and oversea Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Supervise and lead engineers and technicians.
- Hire, train and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Develop cost estimates.
- Develop, maintain and monitor corporate procedures and standards.
- Provide direction to Department Supervisors.
- Facilitate and generate manpower loading and forecasting.
- Liaise between Engineering and Project Management.
- Liaise between engineering disciplines and senior management.
- Assist with business development and client relationships.
- Proven experience in establishing, developing and maintaining strong client relationship and project planning and execution of natural gas processing & gathering facilities for FEED, Detailed Engineering and construction phases.
- The Manager of Projects will be responsible to ensure a successful project execution of the gas facility projects from scoping stage through to detail design to construction to commissioning.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Broad exposure to gas and heavy oil facility design and construction.
- Experience in managing multi-discipline teams.
- Ability to effectively and mutually resolve interdisciplinary issues, or concerns that arise within a team environment.
- Developed local knowledge of business economics and trends in the industry.
Education and Qualifications
- Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 15+ year’s oil and gas experience (with EPCM background).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Project Management|