Job Title: Manager of Projects
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The overall function of the Manager of Projects is to ensure that the overall engineering department disciplines meet the corporate needs of the company as well as ensure that the client expectations are managed. This position requires that the incumbent have knowledge and expertise with various engineering disciplines, operational demands, and business acumen.
- Key role in Business Development activities including; networking activities, corporate growth strategy initiatives, proposal development, presentations, general sales support
- Responsible for client account stewardship (accounts receivable, sponsorship meetings, developing key relationships, securing reoccurring work)
- Demonstrate leadership through consistent approach to corporate improvement initiatives, and development of strong client relationships.
- Responsible for staffing the Project Management Team which includes lead role in manpower planning projections, liaison with business development & divisional directors for proposal manpower projections, hiring/de-staffing process,
- Develop and maintain quality professional personnel which includes administration of performance appraisal, provide mentorship, career planning, goal setting & follow-up
- Effective 2-way communication between Engineering Disciplines and Project Management Team
- Responsible for project invoice reviews and approvals, and ensuring work performed in compliance the agreement and meets Equinox and client’s expectations
- Project Management skills and work with Carbon Capture Projects is an asset.
- Proven experience in establishing, developing and maintaining strong client relationship and project planning and execution of natural gas processing & gathering facilities for FEED, Detailed Engineering and construction phases.
- The Manager of Projects will be responsible to ensure a successful project execution of the gas facility projects from scoping stage through to detail design to construction to commissioning.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to assist with business development and client relationships.
- Developed local knowledge of business economics and trends in the industry.
- Experience in dealing with international offices including Australia would be an asset.
Education and Qualifications:
- Senior PM’s or Account Managers who are effective networkers who have demonstrated abilities to secure new work
- Demonstrated ability to complete proposals with minimal support from others
- Demonstrated previous experience in management role with multiple direct reports
- Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 20+ year’s oil and gas experience (with EPCM background).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Project Management|