Job Title: Piping Design Lead
Department: Drafting & Design
Reports to: Manager, Drafting & Design
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Equinox Engineering Australia Pty Ltd. is an engineering service provider located in Brisbane, QLD. We provide high quality Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services to our clients in Australia and worldwide.
Equinox Australia is engaged in numerous Concept, FEED and Detail Design projects, working with several of the largest energy providers in Australia.
Equinox Engineering is actively recruiting a Lead Piping Designer to join our Brisbane team to deliver conventional oil & gas and carbon capture pipeline projects. The role will be accountable for regular face-to-face liaison with our clients, and to provide leadership for the successful execution of capital projects.
The Piping Design Lead is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all process, piping and mechanical deliverables in the Drafting and Design Department. These include BFD’s, PFD’s, MSD’s, P&ID’s, Plot Plans, General Arrangements, Equipment Layouts, Isometrics and associated 3D models.
- Coordination of piping design and drafting activities on projects.
- Input on schedules, man hour estimates and scope of work documents.
- Monitoring of project deliverables to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Review of drawings and designs for accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Provide direction, guidance and training to the design team on standards and procedures.
- Preparation of 3D models using Hexagon CADWorx and Bentley AutoPLANT 3D software. Smartplant 3D and Autodesk Plant 3D are an asset.
- Preparation of design drawings for the various disciplines in the company, including Process, Piping and Mechanical.
- Lead internal and external 30/60/90 model reviews.
- Coordination of electronic filing system, folder structure and file management.
- Regular meetings with the Piping Design Supervisor on the best allocation and utilization of personnel to ensure project deadlines and budgeted manhours are met.
- Effectively communicate the status of tasks, design changes and continuous improvement items to the rest of the design team.
- Support and development of overseas initiatives.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with team members and project personnel.
- Leadership, mentorship and coordination of piping design personnel.
- QA/QC assurance for piping design and drafting activities.
- Coordination of a team of Piping Designers.
- Design layout of piping systems.
- Understands the fundamentals of process plant layouts and piping design.
Education and Qualifications
- Post secondary education in Piping Design.
- 10+ years’ of EPCM experience.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Drafting & Design|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|
|Salary||$140000 - $180000 Per Year|