Equinox Engineering – Professional Opportunity in Mexico City
Position: Piping Designer
At Equinox Engineering Ltd. in Mexico City, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced English-Speaking Piping Designer to play a pivotal role in coordinating and delivering all process, piping, and mechanical deliverables within the Drafting and Design Department. This role involves the successful execution of conventional oil & gas and carbon capture pipeline projects.
- Coordinate piping design and drafting activities on projects.
- Provide input on schedules, man-hour estimates, and scope of work documents.
- Monitor project deliverables to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Review drawings and designs for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to the design team on standards and procedures.
- Prepare 3D models using Hexagon CADWorx and Bentley AutoPLANT 3D software. Smartplant 3D and Autodesk Plant 3D are assets.
- Prepare design drawings for various disciplines, including Process, Piping, and Mechanical.
- Lead internal and external 30/60/90 model reviews.
- Coordinate the electronic filing system, folder structure, and file management.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Piping Design Supervisor to ensure the best allocation and utilization of personnel for meeting project deadlines and budgeted man-hours.
- Effectively communicate the status of tasks, design changes, and continuous improvement items to the design team.
- Support and contribute to the development of overseas initiatives.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with team members and project personnel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- QA/QC assurance for piping design and drafting activities.
- Coordination of a team of Piping Designers.
- Design layout of piping systems.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of process plant layouts and piping design.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Piping Design.
- 5-8 years of EPCM experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation is preferred.
- Proficiency and a clear understanding of the English-Speaking Language
Our People and Culture:
- Generous vacation allowances.
- Flexible Work Schedules for a healthy work-life integration.
- Abundant growth opportunities, mentorship programs, and continuous learning initiatives.
Our Environmental Commitment:
Equinox believes in a balanced energy future. Our projects, from Carbon Capture and Sequestration to Renewable Natural Gas, exemplify our commitment to an environmentally responsible energy sector.
How to Apply:
If you are a dynamic and experienced Piping Designer seeking to make a significant impact in the EPCM field, we invite you to join our team at Equinox Engineering Ltd. We are an equal opportunity employer, encouraging applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
|Drafting & Design
|Job Work Type