Job Title: Process Engineer – Intermediate
Reports to: Manager, Process Engineering Dept.
Department: Process Engineering
Location: Calgary, Alberta – Job is on site in Calgary Office
The Intermediate Process Engineer will be involved in process system design of multi-discipline projects. Will also work on multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring all project deadlines are met. The Process Engineer will be responsible for producing design from practical concept through to commissions.
- Support the Lead Process Engineer in coordinating/ communicating various issues that affect the process engineering design, safety and regulatory compliance of the work
- Execute Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies/ Detailed Engineering Design.
- Process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities. Must have PipeSIM experience.
- Developing key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s, and Shutdown Keys).
- Line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
- Ability to assume responsibility of Lead Engineer would be preferred.
- Process troubleshooting, process optimization, process variability reduction through SPC and process improvement.
- Process training, WHMIS training and new process start-up assistance.
- Chemical usage monitoring and reduction, water monitoring and reduction, environmental impact assessment, department environmental mentoring and capital projects justification.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sweet and Sour gas project experience – EPCM environment.
- Broad exposure to heavy oil or sweet and sour gas facility design and construction related to field facilities (production pads, wells and flowlines) and processing facilities (steam generation, production treatment of bitumen, water and gas).
- Familiar with technical specifications, codes and regulatory requirements.
Education and Qualifications:
- Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer or (P. Eng)
- Chemical Engineering degree with EPCM experience
- Minimum 5 years oil and gas experience in an EPCM environment.
- Process design experience including process mass balances, process flow diagrams and process support services.
- Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Proficiency with HYSYS and PipeSIM and related simulation software.
Equinox Success Statement:
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
Add Your Heading Text Here
|Job Category||Process Engineering|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|