Job Title: Supervisor – Manager, Procurement/ EPCM
Reports to: Vice President & COO
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. They will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
• Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
• Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
• Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
• Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
• Leadership, mentorship and coordination of intermediate and junior procurement, contracting, expediting and logistics personnel in the procurement of services, materials and equipment and services, in alignment with client and corporate standards, specifications and schedules.
• Client liaison and interdisciplinaire liaison on procurement issues.
• Supervision and checking of, and creation and development of bid documents, requests for proposals, quotations, and soliciting of prices from bidders for materials/equipment in accordance with specifications, drawings, commercial terms and conditions.
• Management of the overall procurement work process and ensuring all procurement cost reporting and schedule reporting for accuracy, completeness & adherence to applicable Client standards.
• Manpower loading and forecasting, department budget preparation, completion of performance appraisals, and Business Development input and development.
• Ensuring professional bid reviews, preparation of bid comparison and recommendation for Client and Project Management approval to purchase.
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
• Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
• A knack for negotiations and networking.
• Working experience of vendor management software.
• Ability to gather and analyse data to work with figures.
• Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
• Strong leadership capabilities.
• Multilingual ability.
• Strong leadership skills are a must, along with interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills are valued.
• Experienced in procurement and logistics strategy development, along with overall project execution planning.
• Experienced in the management or supervision of personnel, including defining tasks, developing work assignments, and evaluating performance.
• Experienced in RFQ development, issue and tracking as well as subsequent negotiation, award and change management regarding complex EPCM purchases.
• Experience and knowledge of contract development and contract administration.
Education and Qualifications:
• Successful candidate will preferably have post-secondary education such as Business, Engineering; SCMA’s SCMP designation is highly valued.
• Minimum of 10 years industry related (Oil & Gas EPCM) experience, in an EPCM procurement management role.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Supply Chain Management|