Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Equinox Engineering Australia Pty Ltd
Equinox Engineering Australia Pty Ltd. is an engineering service provider located in Brisbane, QLD. We provide high quality Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services to our clients in Australia and worldwide.
Equinox Australia is engaged in numerous Concept, FEED and Detail Design projects, working with several of the largest energy providers in Australia.
Equinox is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Brisbane team to support the electrical side in delivering gas processing and compression facility projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer will, in coordination with the Canadian office, help develop and build an Electrical team to support the local Australian projects.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be proficient in high, medium, and low voltage power distribution and control systems design.
- Successful candidate will also be proficient in protective relaying, motor control systems, hazardous area classification assessment and reporting, electrical equipment sizing and PLCs applications.
- Must be familiar with electrical safety regulations and codes compliance requirements associated with Australia.
- Ability to coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
- Main priorities involve preparation of key electrical documentation including; area classifications, drawings and reports, single line diagrams, electrical load and equipment lists as well as reports associated with electrical system studies (such as short circuit calculations, time current coordination, load flow, motor starting and harmonic analysis using SKM and ETAP software).
- Provide electrical input into the detailed scope of work, Design Basis Memorandum (DBM), and Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Develop the electrical design for a project or proposal.
- Determine the detailed engineering design criteria.
- Analyze the designs of vendors or subcontractors providing specific equipment to ensure suitability and codes compliance.
- Review the work of others to ensure consistency and integrity of design throughout the project.
- Ensure that all discipline deliverables are checked and verified.
- Development of electrical Material Takeoffs (MTOs).
- Prepare engineering man-hour estimates and provide input into project schedules.
- Liaise with the Electrical team between Brisbane and the Canadian and India offices to ensure the work is executed as per the design criteria, meets the schedule and within budget.
- Develop and evaluate electrical equipment and construction specifications.
- Perform engineering support for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development, technical bid evaluation and vendor drawing approvals.
- Perform engineering development of Construction Work Package (CWP), including project description, construction specifications, Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings and material lists.
- Provide engineering support during construction including field engineering, inspection and special studies.
Education and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree, Electrical Engineering is preferred
- C.P. Eng, RPEQ is preferred
- Minimum 10 years oil and gas experience with EPCM background.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including gas processing facilities, compression facilities, wellsites, pipelines, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes and standards (i.e. AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 60079, EI 15 (IP-15), API 505 and IECEx 05, IEEE, ANSI).
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Electrical Engineering|
|Job Work Type||On-Site|