Equinox is a world class oil & gas design and engineering firm with offices in USA, Canada, Australia and India. Equinox USA is based in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania and is growing rapidly.
Equinox has provided the highest quality EPCM services to our clients since 1997, specializing in gas processing, liquids fractionation, compressor stations, water treatment, power generation and pipelines. The Senior Process Engineer will be situated in Pittsburgh, PA. USA.
The Senior Process Engineer will be involved in process system design of multi-discipline projects. They will also work on multiple projects simultaneously, while ensuring all project deadlines are met. The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for producing design from practical concept through to commissioning.
- Supports the Lead Engineer by supervising intermediate and Junior Process Engineers.
- Leadership, mentorship and coordination of intermediate and junior process personnel.
- Execute Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies.
- Process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities.
- Developing and stamping of key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s, and Shutdown Keys).
- Line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
- Conduct P&ID/HAZOP reviews; generate control narratives; prepare start-up/operating manual.
- Process design and detail engineering, including: performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing and selection of equipment, etc. for Tenders and for awarded projects. Review of client’s tender documents, specifications, datasheets, verification of FEED design and calculations.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies and reports, Operation Maintenance manuals and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other department.
- To ensure proper division of work and responsibility among the process engineers, providing proper guidance and integration of work done, ensuring good, positive and healthy working environment among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity and efficiency.
- Preparation and issue of process specification in RFQ’s, evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarification, Technical Bid Analysis.
- Review of vendor’s documents, drawing, datasheets, specification and calculations.
- Review existing plant operations and develop debottlenecking plans.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Gas processing project experience required.
- Experience to include natural gas facility design and construction related to field facilities (well-sites, gathering systems, compression, etc.) and grass roots gas processing or oil production plants.
- Proficient in regulatory and technical requirements MIC codes.
- Familiar with technical specifications, codes and regulatory requirements.
- Creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgement in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems.
- Capability to develop new processes or processing schemes as required.
Education and Qualifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification (PA, OH or WV) is required. Must be Situated in Pittsburgh, PA. USA.
- Chemical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ year’s oil and gas experience (with EPCM background).
- Process design experience including process mass balances, process flow diagrams and process support services.
- Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Proficiency with HYSYS and related simulation software.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Process Engineering|