Job Title: Senior Project Engineer – (SAGD)
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Manager Heavy Oil
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
The Senior Project Engineer (SAGD & CSS) works as a key part of the project management group to coordinate discipline engineering and design. He / she will coordinate such inter-disciplinary work during the execution of SAGD projects. The Senior Project Engineer will participate in the design development at the FEED stage and must have an in-depth understanding of project scope prior to beginning detailed design.
- The Senior Project Engineer works as a key part of the project management group to coordinate discipline engineering and design. He / she will coordinate such inter-disciplinary work during the execution of oil & gas projects.
- Key responsibilities include design development and technical content of the project work. The Project Engineer will participate in the design development at the FEED stage and must have an in-depth understanding of project scope prior to beginning detailed design.
- The Senior Project Engineer will have frequent contact with client counterparts and must utilize effective communication skills to liaise with the client as well as internal staff.
- He / she will ensure compliance with all regulatory processes, codes and standards.
- The Senior Project Engineer works with disciplines to develop the designs.
- The Senior Project Engineer will coordinate design reviews with Client and Process Engineering to ensure all operations and safety requirements are met.
- Growth through repeat business and generation of new business is encouraged and rewarded.
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business Development skills are highly valued.
- Strong Oil & Gas Engineering technical knowledge.
- Comprehensive understanding of discipline engineering functions.
- Understanding of project planning & controls.
- EPCM experience in project planning & execution of SAGD or CSS central process facilities.
- Experience with steam boilers and OTSGs.
- Experience in EPC (lump sum) style projects.
- Construction experience is desirable.
- Broad experience in water supply & disposal wells, access roads and utility corridors.
Education and Qualifications:
- Successful candidate will be a Canadian Registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 + years CPF, (SAGD & CSS) with at least 5 years EPCM background.
- PMP designation is an asset.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Project Management|