Job Title: Process Engineering Supervisor
Department: Process Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Engineering & Design
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional oil and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil and gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil and pipeline projects.
The Process Engineering Supervisor will lead the process team for the design of oil and gas facilities. Responsible for operational excellence via optimal planning and allocation of process resources. Ensures continuous improvement and resolves engineering problems. Liaises closely with the Sr. Technical Manager, Process and Manager, Engineering & Design.
- Manage department manpower loading, scheduling and allocation of resources.
- Must have previous supervisory experience.
- Coordinate the optimal allocation and use of department staff to meet the needs of the Project Managers, consistent with budgeted man-hours and schedule demands.
- Manage resources and provide adequate supply of capable staff to efficiently deliver highly accurate technical deliverables.
- Provide support and resources for process leads and executors.
- Support and development of the process global workshare team.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of process engineering design and deliverables.
- Promote communication and provide a healthy safe work environment.
- Promote and enforce effective utilization of company processes and procedures.
- Enforce professional engineering ethics and practises.
- Provide clear direction to guide staff in their work.
- Conduct performance management and performance reviews.
- Recruit, motivate, develop and retain leading edge professional staff.
- Consistently set a personal example in leadership, customer relations and standards.
- Review, recommend and update internal and external technical software.
- Conduct regular planning to guide the company in maintaining its leading-edge position with leading edge personnel, procedures and methods.
- Respectfully and capably represent the best interests of Equinox in all internal and external relationships.
- Leadership, mentorship and coordination of process personnel. Previous Supervisory skills of an EPCM is a must.
- Must possess strong supervisory, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Natural Gas, Heavy oil and SAGD experience required.
- Broad exposure to sweet and sour natural gas facility design, construction and operations related to field facilities and grass roots gas processing plants.
- Experience with NGL recovery, Acid gas injection, Dehydration, Refrigeration, Sulphur Plants, Turbo-Expanders and Gas Sweetening units will be an asset.
- Proficiency with regulatory requirements pertaining to gas processing.
- Keen awareness of budget, management of change, schedule constraints and safety.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Execute and review Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies / Detail Engineering Design.
- Previous Supervisor of a EPCM firm.
- Execute and review process simulations of oil and gas processing facilities.
- Develop and stamp key documents (Material Balance, PFDs, P&IDs and Shutdown Keys).
- Execute and review line sizing, PSV sizing, preparation of process data sheets.
- Conduct HAZOP reviews, generate control narratives, prepare operating manuals.
- Provide technical support to field personnel for start-up.
- Liaise with vendors and client on engineering issues.
Education and Qualifications
- Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.)
- Chemical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 10+ year oil and gas experience in a supervisor position (EPCM background).
- Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Proficiency with HYSYS and related simulation software and engineering codes.
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teams customized with the best technical expertise to align with client culture and requirements to ensure successful projects on a repeatable basis.
|Job Category||Process Engineering|